The University of Illinois System is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy rights of all natural persons. To support those rights, the university established the Privacy Office in 2021 as a unit within Technology Services. Data privacy involves protecting personal information that others collect, and the Privacy Office focuses on the ethics of protecting and handling sensitive data to maximize data privacy.
If your university responsibilities include storing, capturing, or processing PII, you could benefit from a Privacy Review. A Privacy Review looks at projects that create or collect new PII, or use existing personal information in a new way.
Privacy Consultation Services
The Privacy Office also offers free consultative services. Contact the Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of the services below.
- Privacy Risk/Privacy Impact Assessments
- Review of Research Protocol Data
- Management Plans and Data Privacy
- Data Governance
- Data Use and Processing Agreements
- Contract Review (Data Privacy Protections & Lifecycle)
- Data Subject Access Request Support
- Consent Management